Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ask Me How I Am


Look into my eyes. Ask me how I am.
I'll simply reply.....
"I'm dying inside with my pride and a smile on my face because I just realized that love is a loosing game so love and I are breaking up."
She's never been a friend of mine.
Leading me on to believe that she is the truest of friends.
The most loyal. The most trustworthy. The most genuine.
But she's the worst friend as I stand here betrayed.

Look into my eyes. Ask me how I am.
I'll simply reply.....
"I feel like I'm trying to write a love story but running out of ink in the pen."
Nothing's left in my mind. My heart. My soul.
I drew a blank.
It started with a handsome Prince rescuing a Damsel in distress.
He whisked her away on his beautiful Black Stallion into the night.
Then there was nothing.
The pen went out just like my mind.
A story missing a middle part.
Just a fairy tale beginning with a realistic ending.
Suspense.

Look into my eyes. Ask me how I am.
I'll simply reply.....
"I miss the times that we almost shared. I miss the love that was almost there."
If we would have held on a little longer.
My walls were falling down. My defense was slowly weakened.
Love was almost attainable. Almost in my heart.
But it never came. It was a mirage.
Just as easy as love was in sight, it was easily gone.

Look into my eyes. Ask me how I am.
I'll simply reply.....
"I'll rise above it, pick myself up, and dust the pain off because I may be bruised but I am not broken."
Love tore up my heart and shattered my dreams.
But I'll get back on my feet.
It's not the end of me.
I've had my heart kicked on the ground but that's not enough to break me.
My heart is still open.

Look into my eyes. Ask me how I am.
I'll simply reply.....
"I'm fine. I've fallen in love with Me and she loves me more than you'll ever know."
And she is the baddest chick that I've ever met.
She's no model. She's no actress. She's no flashy dancer.
She's just me.
The perfect lover. The best of friend.
She's no one's assistant, she's her own boss.
CEO of her own heart.
And no she's not accepting applications.
I'm the only one fit for the job.
She listens and she understands.
The best in a threesome of Me, Myself and I.

So go ahead and ask me how I am and I'll simply reply......"I'm getting ready to paint the masterpiece that I call life with Me on my side."

No comments:

Post a Comment