Saturday, July 4, 2009

He Can Only Love Her

No one will ever love me like you once did
You made me believe this for such a long time
A time ecstasy, a time when our hearts beat the same beat
A beat now defeated, a love match lost
No victory for my KO'd heart
Heartless, cold, carefree
Fuck the next dude that comes
He's just gonna hurt me, never love me but push me and my heart over the edge of the highest peak
The peak of the relationship, the peak of the romance
I was never meant to be that high....
High off love, high off feelings I get when I'm being held
I'm not supposed to win
To win in the game called love, to win the battle between life and my heart....
My heart so fragile, so easily broken
Tortured by hurt, by sorrow....
Sorrow that presents a labyrinth between me and the next guy....
The next guy who is not meant to do right, not meant to love me nor hold me....
Hold me so close that I can feel his heart beating in my chest....
My chest that holds a heart so cold, so broken....
Broken into pieces not meant to be pieced together by no other man
Ha! Another man...as if that's what I need
What do I need?
Besides someone to show me true love....
True love along with true tears and true heartache brought on by yet another man....
Yet another man to push me over the edge....
The edge so high, so beautiful that it was thought to be so perfect....
So perfect that I'll be sitting on Cloud 9 forever in a day
Love, trust, heart break, betrayal
The definition of romance....
Romance that is dead, that is undeserved
Because its not meant for me because its not you
So you say.....
Yea you say that I'm underserving
Deserving of heartbreak and torment
Torment of my feelings, of my soul....
My soul that is so dark and disturbed that it is no longer beautiful
No longer beautiful are the eyes that once shined with happiness....
Happiness that is no longer present because I am alone....
Alone in the world, alone in life, I'm crying....
I'm crying at night, in my sleep and in my heart....
My heart bleeds with salty tears....
Tears that refuse to run down my face because its a sign of weakness....
Weakness for love, weakness for a companion....
A companion for me, to be there for me forever
But no! I'm undeserving....
Undeserving of love, of comfort, of true happiness....
Happiness that is not suppose to find me
Finding me trapped in the walls that was created by jealousy, insecurity, hatred and distrust....
Distrust for someone you knew that was deserving of trust....
Trust from the man that she did allow herself to love
Allowing herself to love.....no not again
She's undeserving
Of any man's love, of her own love
Because in your eyes the one that can love her is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment